Forever Health Comprehensive Thyroid Panel
Test subject must be 18 years or older.
Understand your thyroid health
A comprehensive understanding of thyroid health is essential for those experiencing symptoms such as weight gain, depression, anxiety, hair loss, sexual dysfunction, and fatigue.
Your thyroid gland sits in the lower portion of your neck and acts as the metabolic throttle for every cell in your body! When your thyroid doesn't function efficiently, it can affect every cell in your body.
Since undiagnosed thyroid problems can increase your risk of obesity, depression, anxiety, hair loss, sexual dysfunction, and fatigue, it's very important that you don't go undiagnosed.
This is Forever Health's most comprehensive thyroid panel and contains the following tests:
- Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH) — Evaluates overall thyroid function.
- Total Thyroxine (T4) — Evaluates the total amount of T4 produced by the thyroid gland.
- Free Thyroxine (T4) — Evaluates the amount of T4 available to the cells and tissues.
- Free Tri-iodothyronine (T3) — Measures the amount of T3 (the active form of the hormone) available to the cells and tissues.
- Reverse T3 — A non-functioning form of the active hormone T3.
- Thyroglobulin antibody (ATA) and Thyroid Peroxidase antibody (TPO) — Thyroglobulin and Thyroid Peroxidase are proteins involved in the production of thyroid hormones. It is possible for antibodies from your own immune system to attack these proteins rendering them dysfunctional.
Fasting is not required for this test. Take all medications as prescribed.
NOTE: Blood tests are available only in the contiguous United States and Anchorage, AK. Not available in Maryland. Your blood test requisition options are a LabCorp requisition form or a blood draw kit. Certain restrictions apply for residents of MA, NY, NJ, RI, and PA. Customers in MA, NY, NJ, and RI will receive a blood draw kit, and an additional local blood draw fee may be incurred. PA customers must go to LabCorp for their blood draw.