Encourages comfortable digestion … even after large meals!
Digestive Enzymes delivers 12 different enzymes, including protease, cellulose, and lipase — to support the digestion of a variety of problem foods and facilitate both optimal nutrient absorption and broad relief from digestive discomforts … without promoting after-meal surges in blood sugar.1
Digestive Enzymes is a supplement that contains a total of 12 different digestive enzymes to support the digestion of just about any kind of “problem” food. Protease, cellulose, and lipase are potent yet hardy enzymes that can adapt to a variety of pH environments in your stomach.
This formula encourages optimal protein content in your body and allows for the better utilization of fat!2,3 And the combination of 12 different enzymes makes it easy for your digestive system to break down and absorb the nutrients from your food, without experiencing the common uncomfortable side-effects of a large meal.
Digestive Enzymes even helps you break down hard-to-digest plant fibers that many people find hard to digest. Help your body convert food into energy, better absorb the nutrients in your daily meals, and avoid after-meal discomfort with Digestive Enzymes!
Serving Size 1 capsule
|Amount Per Serving|
Nutrient Absorption Blend
Protease SP (Bacillus sp., Aspergillus oryzae) 97,000 HUT; Protease S (Aspergillus melleus) 10,500 PC; Acid Protease (Aspergillus niger) 10 SAPU; Lipase (Candida rugosa, Rhizopus oryzae, Aspergillus niger) 4,000 FIP; Cellulase (Trichoderma longibrachiatum) 2,400 CU; Trypsin (Porcine) 20,000 USP; Chymotrypsin (Porcine) 3,336 USP; Phytase (Aspergillus niger) 20 FTU; Beta-Glucanase (Trichoderma longibrachiatum) 30 BGU; Hemicellulase (Aspergillus niger) 4,000 HCU; Pectinase (Aspergillus niger) 50 endo-PGU; Xylanase (Trichoderma longibrachiatum) 600 XU
Other ingredients: tapioca maltodextrin, vegetable cellulose (capsule), corn maltodextrin, medium chain triglycerides (coconut).
Contains milk, soybeans, tree nuts (coconut), wheat.
- Take one (1) capsule twice daily before the heaviest meals, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Digestive Enzymes contains a total of 12 distinct enzymes. Why so many?
Digestive Enzymes contains an array of enzymes which work together through an all-natural, synergistic process to help provide nutritional support for a healthy digestive system.
Unlike many commercial enzyme supplements, Digestive Enzymes does not include amylase. Why not?
Amylase is intentionally left out of Digestive Enzymes because amylase breaks down starches into glucose, which is then rapidly absorbed into your bloodstream.4,5
- Available at: http://www.us.elsevierhealth.com/media/us/samplechapters/9781437709599/Sample-Chapter-04.pdf. Accessed February 25, 2014.
- J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2008 Jul 24;5:10.
- Agro Food Industry Hi-Tech. 2008;19;4;24-26.
- Proc Nutr Soc. 1971 Dec;30(3):248-54.
- PLoS One. 2013 Apr 25;8(4):e62546.