The hormone that promotes a normal sleep-wake cycle and cell health
Melatonin is a hormone produced by the pineal gland. Natural blood levels of melatonin are highest at night when they help control the natural sleep-wake cycle. It is also instrumental in helping to maintain cell health throughout the body. Unfortunately the secretion of melatonin declines significantly with age.
Melatonin works to maintain cell health — and also appears to regulate a system of self-repair and regeneration for cells. It also has strong antioxidant properties in fighting free radicals. But most people supplement with it to help with circadian rhythm sleep disturbances — to increase both their speed in falling asleep and to enhance the quality of that sleep. 3 mg is an optimal dose for that purpose.
Serving Size 1 capsule
Servings Per Container 60
|Amount Per Serving|
Other ingredients: rice flour, gelatin.
- Take one capsule 30 to 60 minutes before bedtime, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Melatonin is naturally secreted from the pineal gland at night, and should be taken at night for optimal results.
- Consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are being treated for a medical condition (especially autoimmune or depressive disorders).
- Use caution if combining with alcohol.
- This product is not intended for children, pregnant or lactating women, or women trying to become pregnant.
- Do not attempt to drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this product.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
What is melatonin?
A hormone most commonly known for its positive impact on the sleep-wake cycle and the quality of sleep.
What are circadian rhythms?
They are the 24-hour cycles in the physiological processes of living beings. They help determine our sleeping and eating patterns … and clear patterns of brain wave activity, hormone production, cell regeneration, and other biological activities are linked to them.