Super-absorbable pomegranate formula
Pomegranate is one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants. It’s absorbed into the bloodstream more efficiently than other fruit extracts, suppresses free radicals, and promotes a healthy inflammatory response. And now, in Pomegranate Extract, it’s available without the sugar or calories!
Plant compounds called polyphenols possess remarkable health benefits. But they are difficult for your body to absorb. However, punicalagins, the unique polyphenols found in pomegranate, are amazingly efficient: They have a 95% absorption rate!1
That’s not all. Pomegranate is one of the most effective suppressors of free radicals in all of nature.2-8 It also helps suppress the inflammatory cytokine called interleukin-1 beta — promoting a healthy inflammatory response.
Now, you can obtain the same health benefits of up to 12.3 ounces of pomegranate juice (or 30 pomegranates) in just one daily capsule — without the sugar or calories you would get from drinking pomegranate juice.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
|Amount Per Serving|
POMELLA® pomegranate extract (fruit) [std. to 30% punicalagins]
Pomegranate 5:1 extract (fruit)
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica, vegetable stearate, dicalcium phosphate.
POMELLA® Extract is covered under U.S. Patent 7,638,640 and POMELLA® is a registered trademark of Verdure Sciences, Inc.
- Take one (1) capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Q: What are polyphenols?
A: Polyphenols are antioxidant phytochemicals that inhibit or neutralize the damaging effects of free radicals.
Q: How many pomegranates would it take to equal the polyphenol content contained in each capsule of Pomegranate Extract?
A: It would take 30 pomegranates to equal the polyphenol content contained in just one capsule of Pomegranate Extract.
- Eur J Nutr. 2003 Jan;42(1):18-28.
- Atherosclerosis. 2006 Aug;187(2):363-71.
- J Agric Food Chem. 2002 Aug 14;50(17):4791-5.
- J Agric Food Chem. 2000 Oct;48(10):4581-9.
- J Agric Food Chem. 2005 (53):6126-32.
- Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2005 Mar;39(2):80-3.
- Food Chem Toxicol. 2006 Jul;44(7):984-93.
- J Agric Food Chem. 2006 Mar 8;54(5):1928-35.