Vitamin D3 1,000 IU
Support healthy bones and so much more
Vitamin D3 has long been known for its beneficial effects on healthy bone density. But scientists have now validated its role in healthy cell division and promoting immune system health.
Vitamin D3 is often called the "sunshine vitamin" because your body can synthesize it when your skin is exposed to ultraviolet-B (UVB) radiation from sunlight. But lower light in winter, bad weather, and even sunblock can interfere with your body's ability to produce optimal Vitamin D levels.1 So it's smart to supplement with vitamin D daily. But why do we need vitamin D in the first place? Vitamin D3 has long been associated with healthy bone density2-8 — but researchers are now discovering D3's critical role in healthy cell division and differentiation, as well as immune system support.9-15 So get your body's daily dose of Vitamin D3 the easy way. Try this “sunshine” supplement today!
Serving Size 1 softgel
Servings Per Container 1200
|Amount Per Serving|
Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol)
Other ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, medium chain triglycerides oil, gelatin, glycerin, purified water, rosemary extract.
- Take one softgel daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Individuals consuming more than 2,000 IU/day of vitamin D (from diet and supplements) should periodically obtain a serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D measurement.
- Do not exceed 10,000 IU per day unless recommended by your doctor.
- Vitamin D supplementation is not recommended for individuals with high blood calcium levels.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Q: What is the current RDA of Vitamin D3?
A: The current RDA is only 600 IU — but due to evidence of widespread vitamin D deficiency, many nutritional scientists are recommending Americans increase their vitamin D intake to 1,000 IU if not higher. We recommend a vitamin D blood test to ensure you are getting the right amount.
Q: Why should I supplement with Vitamin D3?
A: While our bodies are capable of producing D3 when exposed to sunlight, we often do not get either enough dietary D3 or enough exposure to ultraviolet radiation from the sun. This makes supplementing with Vitamin D3 1,000 IU an excellent option!
Q: What are the benefits of Vitamin D3?
A: Vitamin D3 is well-known for its support of healthy bone density. But recent research points to benefits for the body's healthy cell division and immune system health as well.
- Photochem Photobiol. 2007 Mar-Apr;83(2):459-63.
- J Bone Miner Res. 2004 Aug;19(8):1221-30.
- J Bone Miner Res. 2006 Mar;21(3):397-405.
- Bone. 2008 May;42(5):996-1003.
- Steroids. 2001 Mar-May;66(3-5):375-80.
- Bone. 2006 Oct;39(4):946-53.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Aug;88(2):513S-519S.
- J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004 Jan;89(1):76-80.
- Am J Prev Med. 2011 Jul;41(1):68-74.
- Proc Nutr Soc. 2012 Feb;71(1):50-61.
- Med Hypotheses. 2011 Dec;77(6):1145-7.
- Dermatoendocrinol. 2011 Jan;3(1):11-7.
- Mol Cancer. 2011 May 18;10:58.
- J Invest Dermatol. 2012 Dec;132(12):2762-9.
- Anticancer Res. 2012 Jan;32(1):223-36.